Technical Deep Dive: Removing Overlays in Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
With the impending lock down of the Application Suite of Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, Enterprise edition in the 2018 spring release, customized code in overlays must be refactored into extensions to comply with Microsoft best practices.
Watch this webinar recording to join Joel Leichty (Director Product Management), Paramesh Rajan (Program Director Partner & ISV Services) and Syed Sadiq (Senior Project Lead) where they go into a technical deep dive into how one can overcome some of the typical challenges experienced when refactoring over-layered customizations and ISV solutions. In the session, they:
- Explore the various techniques for supported functionality on the extension framework
- Review the limitations and common challenges of getting your overlayering objects extended
- Show you real time examples of over-layering code and how you can use the extension framework to extend your solution
- Teach you how to analyze the over-layered objects and categorize them to fix using the extension framework
- Identify extensibility requests and how you can engage with Microsoft in addressing them
- Show you how to refactor code to overcome limitations
To watch our previous webinar - What's New in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations 7.3 December Release, click here.