As the automotive retail landscape continues to evolve, technology solution providers need to keep pace with the latest developments in technology. Faced with the challenges of legacy systems that limit the scope of services provided by dealers and manufacturers, the automotive dealers industry today is in need of highly flexible and scalable Dealer Management Systems (DMS) solutions that effectively cater to the needs of dealers.
Catering to over 150,000 automotive professionals in over 11,000 auto dealerships, the ISV Partner, , a premier provider of marketing performance systems for auto dealers, is constantly exploring ways to further their service offerings to the auto dealers and manufacturers industry.
In their latest endeavor to cater to the growing needs of the automotive dealers industry, they needed to migrate their existing software solution onto the Microsoft Dynamics AX platform with cloud hosted functionality. The DMS needed to be highly integrated to support all aspects of dealership operations.
The ISV Partner was in search of a leading Microsoft Dynamics AX development partner to develop a DMS based on Microsoft AX. In their search for the ideal development partner, SAGlobal was recommended by Microsoft as one among 3 power vendors for Microsoft Dynamics based development. After an extensive and rigorous qualification process, they chose SAGlobal as the partner with the ideal expertise and experience to develop the DMS solution they required.
Involved from a very early stage of development, SAGlobal worked with the ISV Partner to define a solution strategy that would not only help dealers serve their clients and employees better but also empower various internal teams by effectively integrating data from different sources and providing valuable business insights.
By leveraging the extensive automotive DMS expertise of the ISV Partner and our extensive expertise on Microsoft Dynamics AX, we successfully migrated and added functionality to their legacy DMS system with minimal disruption to their operations enabling maximum cost efficiency.
The highlights of the solution offered include the following:
- Caters to different types of dealership organizations – with Single entity or Multiple entities
- Single database with fully integrated DMS modules
- Complete inventory management including purchasing, stocking and sales routines that are fully integrated with ledger accounts and utilize standard system routines
- Established links between vehicle and customer records to limit duplication of data input and data entry errors as well as improve data quality for analysis and sales prospecting
- Vehicle, Parts and Service modules that caters to individual departmental requirements and full integration of these modules with Purchase, Sales and General ledger modules
- Integrated Finance and Insurance module for sales process analysis and enhanced automotive financing processes
- Complete controlled Vehicle Administration process, from supplier order to receipt
- Retrievable vehicle life cycle and vehicle service history
- Provides excellence in customer service through strong process driven approaches from appointment handling to repair order processing
- Integrated web services for desking and subsequent deal processing
- End-to-end functional testing for cloud functionality
Offering a host of benefits, SAGlobal was able to cater to the ISV Partner’s specific requirements. The benefits realized by them included:
- Comprehensive Microsoft Dynamics Migration Services – Without having to build a large team for this project, the Partner was able to use a large team of over 50 in-house highly skilled Microsoft Dynamics professionals with in-depth knowledge on AX 2012 and HTML5, to successfully migrate their DMS offering onto the Microsoft Dynamics AX platform.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership - Offering comprehensive Microsoft Dynamics AX product development and migration services including development, automated tests, documentation, and product maintenance services, SAGlobal enabled The ISV Partner to gain considerable cost savings without the need to hire, train and retain in-house Microsoft Dynamics AX professionals.
- Core Competency Focus - With SAGlobal handling the entire Microsoft Dynamics AX migration process, The ISV Partner was able to focus on their business-as-usual operations with just a small team assigned to manage the product migration.
- Expedited Project Turnaround Time – with the time saved on ramping up an internal team, The ISV Partner was able to significantly reduce time to market by entrusting the Microsoft Dynamics AX development services to SAGlobal.
- Comprehensive Support Services - Rendering functional and core technical global support, SAGlobal empowered them with extensive support services through the pilot project implementations.
- Complete Project Control - With high security, transparency, confidentiality and in-depth reporting measures in place, SAGlobal offered The ISV Partner complete control over every phase of the project.
- Flexibility and Scalability - SAGlobal offered The ISV Partner flexible and scalable engagement models allowing the project team size to be ramped up or scaled down based on the project needs.
- Industry Specific Solution - Leveraging the extensive automotive DMS expertise of the Partner, SAGlobal catered to all aspects of dealership operations and met the requirements, processes and complexities specific to the automotive dealer industry.